The Cesium Platform
The platform for 3D geospatial
Cesium is the foundational open platform for creating powerful 3D geospatial applications.
Combine Cesium ion's curated 3D global content with your point clouds, photogrammetry, BIM, or other 3D data to jumpstart app development. Your Cesium ion account includes the fastest available tiling pipelines for streaming your content as 3D Tiles, and you control who can access your data.
Cesium for Unity provides a full-scale, high-accuracy (WGS84) globe and runtime 3D Tiles engine for the Unity ecosystem.
Cesium for Unreal is the first high-precision (WGS84) globe in a game engine, bringing Cesium's real-world detail and accuracy to simulated environments.
Cesium for Omniverse is an extension that enables 3D geospatial capability for NVIDIA Omniverse.
Cesium for O3DE provides a full-scale, high-accuracy (WGS84) globe and runtime 3D Tiles engine for the open source Open 3D Engine (O3DE).
- A high-precision WGS84 globe that supports accurate analytics
- A smooth user experience that scales for massive datasets
- Streams in 3D Tiles and other standard formats from Cesium ion or other sources
- Open source and free — with millions of downloads
- Add advanced analytics with Cesium ion SDK (subscription required)
Las Vegas visualized in Cesium for Unity. Data courtesy of Aerometrex
Cesium for Unity
- A full-scale high-accuracy WGS84 globe for Unity
- Visualize massive high-resolution real-world photogrammetry and 3D geospatial content at runtime using 3D Tiles
- Free and open source visualization plugin
- Integrated with Unity's Game Objects, Components, Character Controllers, and more
- Optional subscription to Cesium ion for one-click access to global curated 3D content including terrain, imagery, 3D cities, and photogrammetry
- Support for multiple platforms including Windows, macOS, Android, and VR platforms such as Quest 2 and Quest Pro
Cesium for Omniverse
An extension that enables 3D geospatial capability for NVIDIA Omniverse, a real-time 3D graphics collaboration development platform.
Cesium for Omniverse brings the following capabilities to Omniverse Kit-based applications, such as Omniverse USD Composer and Omniverse Code:
- An accurate, full-scale WGS84 virtual globe
- The ability to combine the power of Cesium's 3D geospatial platform with NVIDIA Omniverse's real-time ray tracing for visualization and AI-powered analytics for 3D geospatial workflows
- An efficient 3D Tiles streaming engine for massive 3D geospatial data, with level-of-detail selection selection, caching, and asynchronous IO
- Streaming capability for global content including Cesium World Terrain, Microsoft Bing imagery, and Cesium OSM Buildings along with high-resolution photogrammetry
- Cesium ion integration to access curated 3D geospatial data and 3D tiling pipelines to optimize real-world 3D geospatial data for streaming
- Free and open source under the Apache 2.0 License.
Denver, Colorado in Cesium for Unreal, courtesy of Aerometrex.
Cesium for Unreal
- Cesium's 3D geospatial capability with the high-fidelity rendering of Unreal Engine
- The first full-scale WGS84 globe for Unreal Engine
- Runtime visualization of massive photogrammetry and 3D content with sub-millimeter accuracy
- Available for free on Unreal Marketplace
- Optional integration with Cesium ion to easily stream in Cesium's global 3D content and your own data
- Open source and free
Cesium for O3DE
- A full-scale, high-accuracy WGS84 globe for O3DE.
- A runtime 3D Tiles engine, complete with level-of-detail selection and caching, to stream massive 3D geospatial datasets.
- Integrated with O3DE Script Canvas, O3DE’s visual scripting environment, including support for double precision math APIs for precision.
- Integration with Cesium ion cloud services for access to curated 3D geospatial content like global terrain, imagery, and buildings, as well as 3D tiling pipelines for your data.
Use the Cesium platform on-premises
Cesium ion's tiling pipeline and global 3D content are also available for deployment into enterprise environments.